NanoLabNL is the Dutch national facility for nanotechnological research and development. Our facilities, knowledge and network in nanotechnology make NanoLabNL the obvious starting point for research, development and production on an atomic scale.
A grand future with small nanostructures
NanoLabNL is the Dutch national facility for nanotechnology research. Since 2003 we have been offering the use of our facilities and expertise to universities, research institutes, start-ups and industry.
The NanoLabNL facilities are an important link in the innovation process from basic idea to product. In this role NanoLabNL supports fundamental research, process and product development and small-scale production.
Audio: Dutch | Subtitles: English
The steering committee is responsible for the daily operations of NanoLabNL. The members represent the partners in NanoLabNL.
F.W.A. (Frank) Dirne (NanoLab@TU/e) (Chairman)
G.P.M. (Gerard) Roelofs (MESA+ NanoLab Twente)
M.R. (Marc) Zuiddam (Else Kooi Laboratory, Delft | Kavli NanoLab)
J.G. (Johan) Holstein (Zernike NanoLab Groningen)
H. (Hans) Zeijlemaker (AMOLF NanoLab Amsterdam)
R.A. (Raoul) Oostenbrink (Secretary NanoLabNL)
Nick de Jong (TNO, Delft)
The tasks of the steering group include:
- Implementing the infrastructural investment.
- Carrying out the agreements reached between the parties on access and pricing.
- Managing a PR-strategy.
- Ensuring a sound account of the policy and the resources spent on management of NanoLabNL.
- Optimisation of cooperating with other industrial facilities in The Netherlands.
The NanoLabNL programme office is run by the University Twente MESA+ Institute.
Raoul Oostenbrink (chairman)
Providing a full-service and open-access infrastructure for R&D in nanotechnology
In the field of micro- and nanotechnology, the foundation aims to:
- Develop, disseminate and continuously update a vision with regard to research facilities
- Facilitate current and foreseeable research as well as relevant technological developments
- Monitor and promote the open and national character of the high-quality “nano” research facilities
- Monitor the alignment of the NanoLabNL facilities and their current and prospective research programs, with (future) (inter) national research agendas
- Promote the use of NanoLabNL facilities by the business community
Facts & figures
NanoLabNL is featured on the Roadmap Large-scale scientific research and is a vital enabler for science and business:
Average per year 2014 – 2018
Use of NanoLabs
Use of NanoLabs
Startups / spinoffs
Locations & facilities
NanoLabNL is a Dutch national facility for nanotechnology research. Since 2003 we have been offering the use of our facilities and expertise to universities, research institutes, start-ups and industry at 5 locations in the Netherlands.
A broad European perspective
NanoLabNL is one of the leading consortia of its kind in Europe, as is reflected in its central role as a founding partner of the European consortium of nanotechnology research facilities EuroNanoLab.